PRP treatment is an all-natural, non-surgical procedure that will leave your eyes looking rejuvenated and refreshed.
What causes dark circles under the eyes?
Aging is a significant factor that causes dark circles under the eyes. There are also several other common causes:
- Heredity: Your genetics play a huge role in whether or not you will develop noticeable dark circles under your eyes
- Allergies: Allergies can also cause under-eye dark circles, especially if you experience symptoms such as itchiness and redness
- Sleep disturbance or deprivation: Chronic sleep deprivation can cause dark circles under the eyes
- Hyperpigmentation: Too much sun exposure can lead to discoloration of the under-eye area
- Dehydration: The skin under your eyes can look dull and dark when you don’t drink enough water
- Lifestyle factors: Other factors such as stress, smoking, or excessive alcohol use can cause dark circles under your eyes
PRP therapy is effective for patients with almost any skin type that have under eye circles.
How Does It Work?
The platelets in your blood have regenerative and healing properties. This platelet-rich plasma will create more collagen and blood vessels under the eyes and can thicken the skin there which can help reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Request your consultation with the top NJ Dermatologist Dr. Rapaport by calling 201-731-4050